We always love a new Season and a fresh forecast for color and interiors: and Maison & Objet in Paris 2018, did not disappoint. We've scoured our fave Designers to bring you our edit of what's gonna be hot for the coming year! Jump in and enjoy: you'll want to use them in your home now!
KEY TRENDS FOR 2018/19
- Rich, earthy berry colors: More and more velvet, curved shapes everywhere, brass and gold. Muted pastels and colors-think the pastels and colors you know and love; then tone them down a little.
- Keep it pale & matte: Nuanced whites and softly-softly neutrals are important; they provide the foundation for key pops of brights and darks in 2018/19. Keep color muted but saturated.
- Metallic Black: Black is making a comeback (although it never really went away), and it now has a metallic quality that softens its bold edginess.
- We adore the colorful velvet ottomans from Normann Copenhagen below.
Image source: Normann Copenhagen
- Stay Gold, Ponyboy! Gold, gilt and brass are here to stay well into 2019. Used in everything from home accessories and furniture to fabric and weaving color palettes. It’s still the metallic color of choice for your “interior jewellery”. Combine it with a curved shape and velvet and you'll have the Hat Trick sorted!
Image source: ENO STUDIO
Above: Curved velvet and Brass from Eno Studio. Classic and uber-stylish with a Luxe edge.
Image source: ANGUI BARSTOOLS + CHAIRS BY AYTM
Above: Curved velvet and Brass from Angui/AYTM. Sumptuous charcoal velvet with a golden brass outline always sets an upmarket style mood for interiors.
- Apricot Orange: The new update on Millennial pink. If not a “true apricot”, then consider this new coral-blush color as your new neutral.
- Moody Maroon: Maroon moves away from pink-ish hues to become more mature. Think wine-like tones and hues here.
- Pigmented Terracotta: Terracotta is here to stay! Don’t be scared: it’s a warm hue that will work with many interiors and will become a key element for interior spectrum ranges.
Image source: CC-Tapis
Image source: CC-Tapis
Above 2 images: One of our absolute lust-Brands is CC-Tapis. Why? It's an Italian company which produces contemporary hand-knotted and hand-woven rugs which are created in Nepal by expert Tibetan artisans. Their palette is always spot-on and they value artisan craftsmanship as Ziporah Lifestyle does.
Image source: ENO STUDIO
Could we say anything more positive about the above image from ENO STUDIO ? Answer: Nope. Always on the cutting edge of color and design, they combine color and finish with such an alluring quality that we can't help but stare! It's all about warm neutrals and lush velvet with golden brass. Consider the Lust-Factor at an all-time high!
Image source: Allpa vase by Jean Baptiste Fastrez for Mustache
Above: the Allpa vase by Jean Baptise Fastrez. brings to life the pigmented terracotta we crave.
- Golden Yellow: Warm, touchable and luminous yellow is a rising star for interior color schemes.
- Deep Emerald: Sparkling emerald green is expressed in rich depths with hits of teal, moss, sage and chartreuse. It's an interior winner to add that exceptional pop of "wow factor".
- Saturated Blue: Add a splash of dramatic blue to deliver a contrast in your living spaces. It doesn't have to be bright-use a muted navy, a warm cobalt or a pastel-ed aqua to bring it up to date.
Image source: Group armchairs by Philippe Malouin for SCP
The above armchairs by Canadian designer Phillipe Malouin for SCP encompass a realm of directions for 2019: muted but saturated color, curved shapes, sumptuous finishes PLUS they only take up a very small floorspace footprint (which remains an important Interiors feature moving forward).
Image source: Angui barstools + chairs by ATM
Inspired by the Art-Deco Movement, the Angui barstools by ATM (above) are elegant and refined. Consider these your glamour purchase for 2018/19! The clean and minimal silhouette needs nothing more than opulent velvet to create an impact.
- Clashing Connections: Muted brights will be key in 2018/19 and don’t be afraid to clash and mismatch. Think Pantone Color of the Year-Ultra Violet # 18-3838- as your go-to creative color pop.
Trust Seletti to cover all bases here (below). They never get it wrong when it comes to color or clash!
Image source: THE STAND AT SELETTI FROM @SELETTIWORLD
Bathrooms? Our #1 passion at Ziporah Lifestyle! Camo-Green/muted Olive shows some serious style in bathing spaces as below from the Cielo bathroom collection by Andrea Parisi + Giusepper Pezzano. Our secret bathroom designer style-crush-but do NOT tell everyone about this find please! ;-)
Image source: CIELO BATHROOM COLLECTION BY ANDREA PARISI + GIUSEPPE PEZZANO
Lighting must never be forgotten and Claude Cartier adds a modern color touch to classic shapes. The above image shows his amazing use of Classic color + Classic shapes = a "Design Keeper " for years to come.
Image source: LIGHTING BY CLAUDE CARTIER FROM @CLAUDE_CARTIER_DECORATION
- A final tip: Think of Camouflage green as your new all-rounder, but it now takes on a more neutral tint.