- Wash and dry your towels before using them for the first time. Washing the towels first will remove any manufacturing finishes and allows maximum absorbency.
- Avoid using fabric softeners on toweling, as it will reduce the absorbency of the fibers.
- Give your towels a shake when taking them out of the washer. This will help fluff the terry loops that aid absorbency.
- Don't iron towels; this will reduce absorbency.
- Line or warm tumble dry.
- Use warm or cold water for washing colored towels.
- Use regular washing detergents and never use bleach on colored towels.
- Avoid hot water washes as this could fade the magnificent colors in your towels over time.
Your Ziporah Lifestyle towels may “shed” some cotton fibers for the first few uses. This is a normal shedding due to the high quality cotton and the high density of the terry weave. Cotton is a natural fiber and it is normal for new towels to shed some loose fibers.
While tumble- drying will make the towel fluffy, do not overdo the drying, as the heat from the dryer can damage the integrity of the cotton fibers. We recommend using a lower heat setting occasionally or alternate between air and heat drying.
To maximize the absorbency of a towel, add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle, about every six weeks, to restore the towel to full absorbency. The vinegar removes any excess detergent, which can affect the towels’ absorbency.
As all our towels are woven, a pulled loop will not unravel the towel. If you catch the towel and pull a loop, cut off the pulled loop with a pair of scissors.
Care instructions especially for bath rugs:
- We recommend only line drying this item due to its specialized finish.
- Do not tumble-dry.
- Never hot water wash or dry-clean this item.
- Gentle or delicate machine cold-wash only.
- Gentle spin cycle only.
- This rug is so soft and thick that it can simply be vacuumed to keep it looking its best.
- Never use bleach or brightening agents on your rug.
Care instructions for your Halcyon backpack:
- Gentle cold machine wash when required or simply wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Line dry only.
- The Halcyon bag is made using high-quality neoprene (wetsuit/surf-suit material). It is soft, flexible and durable and retains it's color and shape even when exposed to harsh sunlight and water.